View Single Post
Old October 5th, 2015, 07:39 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

The baby's birthday came and went this past weekend so I took her annual photo on Cecilia. Last year I just put her on a bucket that was about stepside height but that made me feel bad. So I spent 20 minutes piddling around and put the driver's side step back on her before the photography session this time.

I love that I can work on Cecilia with a couple of screwdrivers, a set of standard wrenches, and a set of standard sockets. I can just about fix anything on her with that set of tools. Old trucks are awesome

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Since I took the step off I put it back together much easier, knowing what I was getting into. Old me would have bolted the top of the step first. New me put the angle bracket on first this time.

Putting the bracket up in the rails got my eyes full of crusty dust, but it was expected. Cecilia drops her flakes where she pleases. It's punishment for not Por-15'ing her when I had the bed off

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

After getting the bracket attached I put in the five or so bolts along the bottom. Tiny 7/16" little suckers. Hard to hold on to with gloves.

After that I set the old man on it to test it. Yep, holds very nice!

And the final result:

For comparison here's the first pic at 1 year old. Notice The Redhead hiding behind the spare tire in the bed. She held The Baby up until the moment of the pic then ducked back down for a split second to snap the pic, then popped back up and made sure The Baby didn't fall.

Another year in the books. They grow up so fast!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.