View Single Post
Old October 8th, 2018, 08:51 PM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 1963 Custom Suburban Carryall - 95% original, all 3 seats, Mark IV A/C, PS/PB, 305E V6, Palamino Tan
62Burb is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Turn Signal Switch kaput?

So two steps forward/one step back; I received the Brothers '63 switch that you linked me to, AZKEN, which fit very nicely. It matched what was in the steering column, with six wires 9the truck connector has 8). The horn relay and auto shift indicator had separately wired connectors, which I duplicated with new wire as they were in poor shape. Once I replaced the flasher relay, TS work as designed, front and rear - very excited! However, now the park lamps front and rear, and the brake lights, don't work at all!

I followed Jolly's troubleshooting guide - key info was that if there was 12v power on the yellow and green wires at the firewall connector when the brake pedal was depressed, the steering column is not the problem.

The fuses check out, the brake switch checks out. I'm concerned that those lights that are not working now worked before the TS switch install. Not excited at tearing into the steering column again! lots of finessed fitting back together in my experience. What to do!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.