View Single Post
Old May 12th, 2013, 02:38 PM

Truck: 1960 8' fleetside
jbgroby will become famous soon enoughjbgroby will become famous soon enoughjbgroby will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Jake Groby UPDATED 1960 GMC build photo links

Post 3

OK, I got the cab home and it will need to be stripped and checked for rotten areas which were not many except the rockers panels as usual. How did they get that name anyway? Ok. We get a chance to remove the cab. And all is well. My brother gets his friend Rudy Ramelli to make me a great deal on soda blasting the cab., I’d always wanted to try this so I said sure lets do it. My brother and I load up the cab on a small trailer and deliver it to the place. What I did not know was that the deep heavy rust was not removed, so I only wasted a $150.00

I called my EX-friend Fred, Yes I said EX-friend, you’ll see why! To let him know I had the cab blasted and was dropping it off by his shop for him to put the primer on, I had bought all the primer and supplies. No problem, bring it over we’ll get right on it (famous next to last words) The cab sat for over a month in a high humid environment and re-rusted all to **** This is after he used the primer on someone elses project and was promising he fix the mess. I told him no thanks demanded the $200 for the primer and got the cab the **** out of there! I have not talked to him since. This is what a cab will look like if you expose the metal to Louisiana high humid air for about a month or so. First several pictures in album.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

I had another friend named Joe Manent who owned a body shop and does excellent work. He ride is the Puzzled? truck you see in the picture’s. His body work is so good, what you are looking at is 5 different truck parts morphed into one, Ford, Dodge, Chevy, Toyota, and Nissan. He's one all sorts of awards for that truck (lost it to katrina too) You had to see this thing in person to fully get a grip on how nice it was.

Here we are delivering the cab and hood to the Ready Strip in Jackson, Ms. 250 miles from my home. When we picked it up you would not believe the great condition the cab was in, she looked new. I told Joe the day we were to pick up the cab and he was ready that afternoon with the primer and within 15 minutes after we unloaded the cab he was priming it. Please not that the date was August 25th, 2005.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

As most of you know we got his by Katrina just 4 days later. Luckily Joe had primed the cab and although she went under 11 feet of water, the primer keep the metal from re-rusting. However, when you lose everything you own, including the dog, things get in a lot better perspective.

I did not worry about the truck anymore. I was one of the lucky ones in order to find my family a home and everybody was safe. I was working non-stop at the water plant, was able to get off one weekend in every 6 to visit the family and get setup in a new home. Then things started to happen. More later!