View Single Post
Old December 12th, 2015, 06:21 AM

Truck: 1960 short bed, step side
60ShortStpeGMC is on a distinguished road
Default Black Widow Build (1960 1/2 ton)

I bought this truck in March, 2013. It ran and was mostly all there but the right-front wheel bearings were missing. If I remember correctly, the purchase price was under $900 - which left me room for trailering and the expensive wheel bearings.

I've done lots of small things to this truck since purchased. I'll list 'em here, adding photos where I have them. Eventually bring the build up to date. It still has the 305v6 in it.

I call it the black widow because after two days in my garage there were 3 or 4 fresh webs and associated, fat black widows roosting between it and the floor. The truck was built in Oakland, still resides in California. Lots of rust from the Bay Area, something I didn't really understand at the time.

Attached photo is straight out of the CL ad I found the truck in. After cleaning up all the spiders, I found the 4 original hub caps under the seat.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DriverSide1.jpg (23.5 KB, Multiple views, 19 clicks)

Last edited by 60ShortStpeGMC; December 12th, 2015 at 06:53 AM.