Thread: 305e Start Up.
View Single Post
Old May 18th, 2013, 08:13 PM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 1964 1502 Fenderside
Foley is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 305e Start Up.

thanks for the repies. Ummm,,"ditto" Ditto to what? But about your comments on the oils there F.M.A.P. man, the kinds of oil to use after things are cleaned up in there is like the earlier thread you mentioned. Zinc, other chemicals, the API service offered by the various oil brands,,we could talk forever on that topic I'm sure. But I'd appreciate anybodies opinions on the oils to use. Using the diesel swish/wash inside cleans a lot of junk out of there, but there is always two sides to that discussion also. Some say it does a great job as long as you let things drip and dry out for 3 or 4 days after the wash out. Others argue that it will loosen up too much of the sludgie gunk that is holding an old worn engine together. After the clean out and then putting in fresh detergent oil, there is a strong possibility you'll start getting clattering and clanking from things like bearings, pistons, wrist pins, lifters, etc., plus the possibility of it starting to burn oil. But I guess it's fair to say that if you don't want to do a tear down and try some of these ideas, you get what you get. right?