View Single Post
Old May 19th, 2013, 12:26 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

Today was a long, loong day. I took Cecilia to the dump and dumped another load of junk. That was good though because I can't toodle around in her when she's loaded with crap. I have missed her!

After that I just ran her a bit and slowed her timing to 2.5 BTDC. She's been backfiring through the carb on acceleration so I needed to find a fix. She's running alot better, but now the battery is crapping out big time. It won't charge past 75% and it won't turn her over more than 1/2 second. I'm running her off of a jump box for now.

I also put in a new radio antenna. Now my radio works!

Finally I was pretty worn down but I sprayed her down with paint remover again and power washed another layer of primer off of her. That's 3 hours of fun. I found out my GMC letters on the back weren't white nor blue like the rest of her, they're kind of a shiny silver color. Really pretty!

Then I sat down with the kids, got bored and started hammering out dents in her fenders while I sat. Lazy bodywork FTW.

I can't wait until I can bend over with this hip again so I can work under her. Even if I leave the outside of her patina'ed and blue I want to open all of her underneath parts and give them a good cleaning, priming, and spraying with bedliner.

I didn't take any pictures this time because I left my phone inside. I'm a loser.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

So here's a pic of someone else's truck to make up for it.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?