View Single Post
Old July 29th, 2023, 06:19 PM

Truck: 1965 GMC 1500, 478 V6, SM420
Prowbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Man Without a Face Suburban

Ed and I had a conversation via email about this truck, and these were my comments about it and its additions:

The 478 including the big 5-speed trans and bellhousing has probably been taken out of a dump truck. That trans has a PTO with a hydraulic pump, which can be seen along with a frame-mounted oil filter. Can't see if that system is still in use, I doubt it.
The plumbing, which is creative at best 😁, seems to be for the air conditioning system. The 478 has an air compressor on top, which supplies the under-dash unit, as well as an extra unit behind the front seat, which can be seen in the pictures.
The blue tank underneath the hood we do not believe to be a propane installation since there is no way to properly dose the propane and allow it to be mixed with air. Rather, we suspect it is the air filter, taken directly from the bigger truck.
They still use the original WWC carburetor and governor.
I read on the forum something about auxiliary fuel tanks. Might have something to do with the plumbing as well.

As for the owner, I believe I found an old thread in the archives that talked about someone buying it from an advertisement. Cannot find that post anymore... I've looked into my search history, to no avail....