View Single Post
Old August 24th, 2015, 06:20 PM

Truck: 1960-1966 1000-4000 series
David R Leifheit is a jewel in the roughDavid R Leifheit is a jewel in the roughDavid R Leifheit is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: 305a V6 ignition parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryPirate View Post
Just to follow up here, so it's helpful to others in the future and they don't think they are going insane, I ran into discrepancies between what the major auto parts dealers offer and what is on my truck.

The distributor body has 'Delco-Remy 1110317 6E10' stamped on it. That hasn't found me a cap yet, but I'm going to keep digging.

The picture below comparing the caps, the one on the right is the original (to my truck). You can see that they are very different in size and fastening mechanism.

The points seems to wrong as well. I'm posting the original points I pulled.

If anyone has any pointers, it will be greatly appreciated, but I'm going to keep digging.

Thanks!

Scott
This thread:
http://6066gmcclub.com/forum/archive...p/t-48166.html

Indicates that the distributor is probably stock since it is on another member's v6.

If I get time I'll look around and see what distributor cap/rotor that the "kid" got for his (was mine) truck. He works all day and pretty much passes out when he gets home so asking him isn't an option.
mailto:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(2) 1961 1500
1962 1000
1963 2500
1963 4000
1964 2500