View Single Post
Old August 19th, 2016, 01:55 PM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 60 1001 Wideside Custom BBW, 62 K1001 Wideside BBW and 1966 1001 Wideside BBW w/ Sport Trim option
GMCNUT will become famous soon enoughGMCNUT will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Air conditioning

So, just now seeing this thread to chime in on. Reproducing Assembly-line installed A/C compressor brackets is simple but they are for the A6 compressor, where some of you may want to use the smaller York compressor. I do have a complete still-on-engine AC bracket set up for the 305E which holds the York compressor. Both A6 and York styles allow for the 1960-66 factory Pontiac design power steering pumps to be used, but not sure about the 1967-69 Chevrolet design pumps like Jake is using - I assume they might both work still with that too. Both of my setups had PS as well. I do not have photos currently of the York setup but will take some and add them here later .

HOTRODJOHN - do you need a set of GMC A6 or York brackets to use as a template to fabricate brackets from? is that what this thread is about? if so I can send you either or as long as you return them when finished.

Another issue facing AC and PS fans reading this will be getting appropriate triple grooved engine pullys to run both. Not sure what the plan is there unless you all plan to rob them off 2 ton truck V6's because as far as I know, there are no aftermarket triple grooved pullys that fit the V6 but then I have never looked into that either, so I could be mistaken....

1960 1001 Custom Cab short wideside BBW, 305A V6, factory PB, Hood Jet, Radio and Hydramatic.

1962 K1000 4x4 short wideside, BBW, 305D w/ SM420, PTO Winch

1966 1001 Custom Cab short wideside, w/ super rare Sport Trim option interior (bucket seats)