View Single Post
Old November 3rd, 2016, 03:29 AM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 1961 1500 Stepside
Jmclendon is just really niceJmclendon is just really niceJmclendon is just really niceJmclendon is just really nice
Default Re: Toolbox Starter Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by FetchMeAPepsi View Post
You can get by just fine with a cheap wal-mart tire gauge. They're all within a couple of lbs.
Wal-Mart hasn't managed to storm the beaches over here just yet. I don't miss it much. But, there is a frustrating lack of variety over here when it comes to stores/products etc....

Quote:
Torque Wrench-------------Not until you get into engine rebuilding
We can add this to my list of dumb questions. But, I had assumed I would need this to make sure I've done the right thing with the spark-plugs?

Quote:
Socket for Crankshaft (unless there's an easier/better way to turnover the engine manually?)----------Never, ever had to do this on an engine unless it was a rusted out one in a field somewhere..
For a valve adjustment, I had assumed I would need to be able to manually turn it over? Or, is there an easier/better way? (I remember being told as a kid not to use the fan, as it could damage it? IE the fan's job is to be turned, not to be the turner)

Quote:
Fire extinguisher---------------Or water hose...
I don't think I could find one long enough to hook up to the house and drive to work LOL

Fun (and completely irrelevant) the standard fittings on water hoses over here are AWFUL. Cheap plastic things that don't screw directly onto the hose.

Quote:
Extension lead-----------------Is this an extension cord?
Yea, sorry. It took awhile, but I've been pretty well Australianized when it comes to some of the words I use now....
I've found the standard ones I get over here have a habit of over-heating.

I don't think I've ever heard of PB blaster? I'll have to track some down (or something close if it's not a thing over here).

Breaker bar - definitely added to the list LOL