View Single Post
Old July 15th, 2015, 11:33 PM

Truck: 1960 Model 1002 Custom Wideside
1960HDGMC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 6066 GMC Truck Bed Rails,steel,wood,homemade or factory direct

I am leaning toward believing that these were not a GMC Accessory. Since they are first cousins to Chevy trucks, I think they used or ordered from the Chevy part number. I happen to know that Chevy and GMC shared part numbers on there Torsion Bars. So there was certainly some plurality in the sharing of part numbers. I have the 1960 GMC Accessory Catalog. It lists all the other chrome goodies. But there is no mention of side bed rails. I have the 1960 GMC Accessory flyer, same deal. I have never seen advertising from the 6066 era that includes side bed rails on a GMC. I have seen Chevy trucks from this era with the side bed rails. My 1960 GMC Master Parts Book has no mention of rails, nor a matching part number. Speaking for the 1960 GMC year models only, and based on my own exhaustive research into the matter, side bed rails were not available from GMC in a GMC part numbered kit. Maybe in other years, although I have found no evidence that they were either. If these particular side rails are sometimes found on GMC trucks, I believe it was because they were the closest thing handy from a sharing cousin. GM