View Single Post
Old June 25th, 2018, 02:59 PM

Truck: I don't own one - YET! But i have the coolest bus with a 305 v6: 1957 Western Flyer 4x4
Arubariba is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Found a BBGMC v6 401 in TN

Engine came off yesterday. OMG them pistons are HUGEEEE at 4-1/2" in diameter. The space between the bore are like I never seen before. I haven't measure them yet but seems to be about 1-1/2". With that space I wholeheartedly believe that the same block was used for the 305s and 351s just by boring them out.The pistons are trashed though. One is cracked really bad and they are gouged on the upper portion of the piston about 1/8" deep. Heads are perfect and beautiful, lol. Not a single blemish and they are really clean. This weekend I am removing one side head of the 305 to do a comparison between the blocks. I need to find replacement pistons (4 rings) and rods. I hope the local Piston Warehouse can get them cheap. But I am not sure if I want the BB V6 in there. It would be the era correct engine for the bus but I kinda want something more updated that can get up to speed and maintain that speed comfortably.

Last edited by Arubariba; June 25th, 2018 at 03:05 PM.