View Single Post
Old October 28th, 2016, 05:48 AM

Truck: 1964 GMC 1500 LWB Wideside 305E V6.
TJ's GMC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The saga continues - Sputtering, loss of power when accelerating

My post was taken completely wrong. lol Sometimes it's hard to tell a person's attitude through a key board.
The 1st red flag for me was it took 11 hours to do basically an engine service and some other minor work. I service my 305 in about an hour. So, 10 more to do some other stuff.......hmm....

2nd red flag, Why did he do All that work just to tell you it's gonna need a rebuild in 6 months? Unless your driving the truck EVERY day, 6 months worth of miles is really not that much. I drive mine 7 days a week so the miles add up quickly.

Also, there are Plenty Vintage Car Guys/Garages that have never even Seen a GMC V6. I've seen plenty on Youtube that always say, "First time I've seen one!" That's why I said...He probably has never heard of a solid lifter cam because these engines are Supposed to have valve tapping noise(Assuming that's the noise he's referring to, which I should have mentioned.) That's one easy way you know the valves aren't to tight. lol Thing is, the valve train is noisy enough that sometimes you may not even Hear a slight knock in the motor. Mine had a slight throw out bearing knock only hearable from inside the cab, in the bay you could only hear loose and happy rocker arms.

I understand your irritations. And know that none of us are Downing you in any way because you are trying to do your truck the right way even if it means having someone else do it. We just don't want to see you get ripped off. It's an unfortunate thing that a lot of shops do it now a days.

1964 Chevy C20 292/SM420
1966 Chevy C10 292 hotrod 6/TKO600

My youtube channel aka Military Chevy:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.