View Single Post
Old September 27th, 2014, 01:53 AM

Truck: I have 4 GMCs, none with a V-6 - YET! Have had 2 in the family.
GMCDAC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

Yeah, I used to do racecar tires like this a lot when I was a much younger, and even now on my own trucks I do my tire work on an old Coats we have at work. Gotta save money somewhere so my stuff gets cheaped out on. Part of the reason why I drive old GMC's too is they are cheaper than a car or truck payment so the wife can drive something fairly new. Since my trucks are beaters, I gotta try to keep a couple running all the time in case one breaks down----LOL!

I too give you a thumbs up as the "More time than money" thing is known to happen. Just a good thing you are a lot younger, for this job, weenie arms and all!

Oh yeah, around here the tire mounting price is 10 to 15 bucks each PLUS another 60 bucks to balance all 4. Mounting is free if you bought tires but they still stick it to you for the balance. $2.50 each for valve stems too. And another thought, they charge $2.50 each to dispose of the dismounted tires which is much cheaper than if you were to take them to the dump yourself. The dump charges 6 to 10 bucks each to throw away tires, depending on size and that is just car and light truck tires. Higher yet for bigger tires!

Sorry about the rant about how darn much this stuff costs!

DAC

1970 GMC K5 Jimmy Mom drove 30 years
1972 GMC C2500 owned since 1979
1955 GMC 100 driver-project
2006 GMC Yukon Denali---wife's truck

Hope to have a '60 GMC Suburban again someday