Thread: 351C questions
View Single Post
Old January 5th, 2020, 05:52 PM

Truck: 64 1/2 ton
tbucketnut is a jewel in the roughtbucketnut is a jewel in the roughtbucketnut is a jewel in the roughtbucketnut is a jewel in the roughtbucketnut is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: 351C questions

Joe,
I had Marvin machine a couple stovebolt blocks this last year, a 235 and a 261, which one I assembled and put in my 53 3100, the other went to a fellow stovebolter in northern cal. He also did a head for the 261.
I took him my pistons and he bored and then honed to fit them, the skirts clearances were spot on and the hone he uses sealed those cast rings in immediately. Really happy with his work there at the Bremerton machine shop. I had been using Bud over in Lakewood but the last few times he has been jammed up with work and seemed to take forever.
Anyway thanks for the info on Olsons, I'll have to go see them soon and see what they are working on.
Also, if you know of a dent free oil pan for a 305E please pm me, I'm trying to locate a few bits and pieces myself.

Steve

1953 Chevrolet 3100
261 cu inch, SM420
Finished Cab off restoration

1964 GMC 1000
305 V6, SM 420
Restoration is now started, still looking for an oldsmobile style power steering pump