View Single Post
Old October 31st, 2016, 06:48 AM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 1961 1500 Stepside
Jmclendon is just really niceJmclendon is just really niceJmclendon is just really niceJmclendon is just really nice
Default Re: Looking for suggestions

No dramas. Thanks for the advice. I'm going to try to buy a test kit today or tomorrow, then I'll see how I go.

If I understand the process correctly, it's just a matter of disconnecting the battery, unhooking the leads to the sparkplugs, removing the sparkplugs, reconnecting the battery and then going through each cylinder with the gauge while someone turns the engine over a few times with the throttle down all the way? I've found some tutorials online. But, like lots of things on the internet there are some contradictions.

Sorry for all the questions. My issue is that I understand a lot of the basic theories, but I have almost 0 practical hands on experience. My father was a mechanic (one of those magical types that just seemed to know everything about cars), and he spent a great deal of time talking to me about a lot of this stuff when I was growing up, but there's obviously a vast difference between thinking you know how to do something and actually having the experience of doing it.