View Single Post
Old November 24th, 2022, 11:40 PM

Truck: 1966 GMC 1500 Custom
LordNatedawg will become famous soon enoughLordNatedawg will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Nate's Micellaneous Vehicle Thread

More work complete, more work to do.

The 4Runner decided to blow a headgasket. So that is going to be getting yet another engine swap. Can you hear my excitement? When the new engine goes in I will be using headers instead of the stock exhaust system. On the 3.0 V6 motors there is an exhaust crosspipe that passes behind the heads. It heats up cylinder 6 and causes warpage of the heads. You can even see in the attached pic that one of the cylinders has quite literally been steam cleaned. With headers, I can delete the crosspipe and hopefully eliminate head warpage. More on that later though. I still have to source a new engine.

In more exciting news. The Mustang is registered and finally on the road. I installed a new clutch, brakes all around, and took it to work for a new set of tires. It's not a GT or a Cobra, but it is still plenty fun to drive. Most importantly, my brother now has a reliable vehicle to get him around town. It still needs some minor suspension work, and possibly some performance exhaust work in the future. But for now, I can finally take a break from this project.

Coming soon. My parents picked up a 1992 Subaru SVX with a blown motor. Somehow I have to revive this vehicle for yet another sibling who will be getting a license soon. Stay tuned.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20221009_180122[1].jpg (3.23 MB, Multiple views, 4 clicks)
File Type: jpg 20220924_194239[1].jpg (2.23 MB, Multiple views, 4 clicks)
File Type: jpg 20221122_122807[1].jpg (2.20 MB, Multiple views, 5 clicks)