Thread: Grampa's 60
View Single Post
Old March 28th, 2016, 03:33 AM

Truck: 1960-1966 1000-4000 series
David R Leifheit is a jewel in the roughDavid R Leifheit is a jewel in the roughDavid R Leifheit is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Grampa's 60

Quote:
Looks great! Hey on that wire you ran, did you do that yourself too? I've got a shed I'd like to run electric to and I'm wondering about the specifics. I was planning to tag off from an outlet (GCFI) outside and run it down some grey plastic PVC to the shed to run the lights and another outlet. Seems like the PVC would fill up with water though and short everything out.
I would suggest that you invest in another circuit breaker for your panel, if you can. Tagging off of an outlet is not something I would recommend. Plus if you trip the GCFI out in the shed, you'd have to come up to the outlet you tapped into to reset it -if you wired it correctly-.

Talk to a local electrician and get some advice. Most places will require you get a permit to do any electrical (I think they still let you change bulbs without a permit and inspection, although I have seen some things people have done that make me wonder how they get out of bed in the morning).
Don't take chances with electricity! Of all the things you could mess up in a structure, electricity has (in my opinion) the most potential to hurt/kill you or a loved one.

If you have an open spot in your breaker panel, or if the panel will accept the double style breakers (I am hoping you have breakers) then run a good run of 12-2 grounded wire, burial grade, from the panel to a trench (12" deep I believe is the requirement, not an electrical inspector so I could be wrong) out to your shed. *Assuming* you are only planning on lights and hand tools. Anything heavier, like even a 110v welder, I would suggest doing it right and putting in a sub panel.

Safety first, last, and always.
mailto:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(2) 1961 1500
1962 1000
1963 2500
1963 4000
1964 2500