Thread: Oh boy
View Single Post
Old May 7th, 2020, 12:01 AM

Truck: 6066GMC
AZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really nice
Default Re: Oh boy

I agree with Ed. It looks like you have typical precious owner wiring and gadgets. Some wires and gadgets are no longer used. At first, I would remove unterminated wires after I marked what I know about them. During that process you will straighten up and tie up the good wires a little. Some of your wiring looks OK. Save all wires. See what is not working after you remove unterminated wires. It may clean up OK or not.
We can help from there. It depends on your budget.
Please rotate your pics to normal on your computer and save the rotated version and post those. It makes it so much easier to view and orient ourselves. Especially wiring.
If you decide on a new harness, we can step you thru that also. Don't throw away anything including connectors. Keep the old harness taped together when removing. Keep the branches as they are. Strip out or rip out the old is just a term we all use. Keeping it together is nice to refer back to. ALWAYS MARK EVERY WIRE ON EACH END AS TO WHERE IS WAS TERMINATED. Take lots of pics before removing. Be gentle with unplugging connectors. DISCONNECT the negative battery cable before doing anything.

Last edited by AZKen; May 7th, 2020 at 12:10 AM.