View Single Post
Old October 8th, 2020, 08:09 AM

Truck: GMC 1500 1965
GMCTom will become famous soon enoughGMCTom will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 1965 GMC in the alps. Greetings from Austria.

The big part of the engine is back in the truck

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Mounting the timing chain cover and a new timing chain

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Putting the cleaned oil pan back on the engine

Engine is ready for transport

And back in the frame. Exactly one year after pulling it out

Used some new motor mounts from Rockauto. They fit perfect.

The heads get

The cylinder heads are currently being redesigned. We have reground the valves and the valve seats are milled. An exhaust valve was burned. I bought also a new one from Rockauto but the slot on the end of the valve was on the wrong position. We also ground a new slot in.

The last days I cleaned up the flywheel. After reading some threads in the forum it seems to be a desaster with the clutch

Luckily I have the same flywheel as Pepsi in his truck.

I've ordered the AMS 04528 clutch on Rockauto. Tomorrow I will receive it. After reading in my book there are four different type of clutches. I think I have the Borg Style. But I'm not sure because the spring is diaphragm style.
I really hope it will fit.

Last edited by GMCTom; October 8th, 2020 at 08:14 AM.