View Single Post
Old January 22nd, 2022, 03:30 PM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 1963 Custom Suburban Carryall - 95% original, all 3 seats, Mark IV A/C, PS/PB, 305E V6, Palamino Tan
62Burb is on a distinguished road
Default 63 GMC front disc conversion questions

I posted this on 67-72 chevy trucks also (on the appropriate sub-forum).

I have a 63 GMC Suburban in nearly 100% stock configuration. I have become aware of the importance of converting to a dual master cylinder for braking safety. I am also exploring the possibility of converting to disc brakes, with the possibility of towing a vintage camping trailer. Auto tranny. Two questions:

1) The truck has OEM PB and I had the Midland booster rebuilt; will that work with discs or would a different unit (with proportioning valve) be needed?

2) I have obtained original vintage 6-lug wheels and covers in excellent shape. One swap kit site (Stainless Steel Brake) states that with their unit "stock wheels will not clear". Is that typical? The original wheels are a deal-breaker for me.

I haven't ruled out a 73-87 front crossmember swap either; I could part with the original booster if needed but not the wheels. Wise input appreciated!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.