View Single Post
Old April 25th, 2018, 03:11 AM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 60 1001 Wideside Custom BBW, 62 K1001 Wideside BBW and 1966 1001 Wideside BBW w/ Sport Trim option
GMCNUT will become famous soon enoughGMCNUT will become famous soon enough
Default 61 K1000 - Got a new toy and now I got some questions

Hey guys - long time no see! So I always envied you Western guys for having all the cool K model trucks but looks like I am finally going to own one too. I am buying this 61 K1000 and it is a former Montana State Forestry Service truck. Thankfully all original and not messed with aside from some hack body work that was started I have to re-do. Aside from that, the 305A runs and operates perfectly, clutch, brakes and transfer case the same. No windshield in it and no passenger side door but I can make short work of those problems.

So, this truck is not in my possession yet, but I have already noticed some strange things. It has a green vinyl armrest pad, and the current owner says the original seats had factory green vinyl on them too. It has two interior visors and chrome framed door and vent glasses, and had the wide stainless around the windshield - all of which I relate to the "Custom Cab" option package, yet it strangely has a white grille and front bumper. It has a dealer installed roof mounted spotlight, and the rarely seen optional 1960-61 Hood mounted window washer setup on it. Has all four slider windows and barn doors in back.

So, of any year I probably know the least about a 1961 as far as any changes from 1960 or things that were about to be well known on 62's about to come down the line, and I don't have any GMC literature (that I know of) that can tell me anything about this odd-ball Green vinyl on the seats and armrest - so does anyone have any pictures or literature to back up special colored vinyl being available in 1961? I am aware of GMC's "Color Harmonized" interior option but I thought that came out in 1962 and included Green, dark Blue or Terrace Blue dash top paint. I have never known of a 61 GMC of any sort to have anything but standard Silver vinyl on the armrests or seats....Anyone got any info to share?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6081.JPG (122.9 KB, Multiple views, 11 clicks)
File Type: jpg Armrest close up.jpg (101.8 KB, Multiple views, 7 clicks)
File Type: jpg VIN.jpg (83.4 KB, Multiple views, 7 clicks)
File Type: jpg Driver Rear Quarter View.jpg (111.6 KB, Multiple views, 7 clicks)
File Type: jpg 305A.jpg (84.4 KB, Multiple views, 9 clicks)

1960 1001 Custom Cab short wideside BBW, 305A V6, factory PB, Hood Jet, Radio and Hydramatic.

1962 K1000 4x4 short wideside, BBW, 305D w/ SM420, PTO Winch

1966 1001 Custom Cab short wideside, w/ super rare Sport Trim option interior (bucket seats)