View Single Post
Old January 26th, 2013, 07:50 PM

Truck: 1960 8' fleetside
jbgroby will become famous soon enoughjbgroby will become famous soon enoughjbgroby will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Jake Groby's - 1960 GMC

Post 5

August 29th., a date which will float in infamy. Did you know that your truck parts will float in 11ft. of water? Whew boy that was a blow. With the storm bearing down on the area, I was so busy I did not a give a single thought about the truck cab, engine or frame which was sitting finished under the carport at the house. On Saturday, August 28th. the family got out to Hammond, LA. and stayed with an Aunt. I went home and cleaned out the freezer because we know we would at least lose power before it was all over.

The weather got progressively worse all the day and evening around 2:00am all **** broke lose. The levees let lose and our entire Parish flooded. These pictures show me and a few workers in a boat that went out to rescue folks off their roofs and such. I did not know these pictures existed until about a year or so. They were given to me by a photographer that was at the Govt. Complex. The water is 18 ft. under the boat. These were taken the morning of and the day after the storm

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

These pictures show the water flooding into the Parish at 6:30 am from Chalmette High School. My home is just to the left of the water at the top of the curved roof.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

These pictures show what the house and truck looked like after the flood.

This is what was left of the GMC. Notice the gas tank. To give you some idea of what it was like the pictures were taken 9/20/2005 almost a full month after the storm and the mud and debris are STILL WET