View Single Post
Old January 26th, 2013, 07:54 PM

Truck: 1960 8' fleetside
jbgroby will become famous soon enoughjbgroby will become famous soon enoughjbgroby will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Jake Groby's - 1960 GMC

Post 7

NO Good Deed goes UNPUNISHED.

I get a call from the truck driver who is held up somewhere on OK City because of blizzard conditions for 3 days. Then it hits me like a phone book to the head that I hope they put in antifreeze in the block, by this time I'M Sh*tting my pants thinking with all the bad weather reports comming from that part of the country, the block is gonna be cracked. The driver got lost 3 times trying to find the Lacombe Exit off I-12 and Hwy. 190. After about 7:30 at night he finally makes it do to the intersection and then as he trying to unload it we discover it has no brakes. He has to back it off all the way from the front of the truck with a come-along. I would not sign for it until t was on the ground and at one point he asked if he could just let it roll off the carrier. I said sure if he can guarantee that it would not roll across Hwy, 190 and into the ditch. Then the cussing began! He took over an hour to winch the truck off the carrier. I gave him $20.00 for a hot meal and was glad to see him leave. I called a flat bed and brought her home.

She started right up with a little pushing of the pedal after sitting for almost 3 week. Except for the brakes issue, she was a stated. A diamond in the rough.