Thread: 1960 Gmc 305 v6
View Single Post
Old July 30th, 2021, 01:29 PM

Truck: 1960 8' fleetside
jbgroby will become famous soon enoughjbgroby will become famous soon enoughjbgroby will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 1960 Gmc 305 v6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZDADDY View Post
Jbgroby,

That's exactly what I want!!!!!! Low rpms going 70/80...........How does that work with a manual 4speed? I would like to keep the floor shifter......is that doable or to much a pain in the ***?
Got any more pics? I need inspiration. Do you have to change tranny and rear end? What trannies bolt up to the v6?

Thanks for the reply
Zdaddy

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk
I already had the factory Hydramatic and wanted to keep an automatic - so I dropped in a 700R4. I'd already changed the rear gear back about 7 years ago which DID HELP the non OD hydramatic greatly - the trans was just too expensive to rebuild
(3500 plus shipping to MI) so I found the needed OEM adaptor and a 700R4 and made the swap. I have no clue how you might go the route of a manual and make it OD. First thing is to figure our what you have.. IF you're on Facebook, send me a friend request and I can send you pictures of my various swaps (rea gears, trans, intake, carb, etc.