View Single Post
Old January 6th, 2014, 06:03 PM

Truck: I have 4 GMCs, none with a V-6 - YET! Have had 2 in the family.
GMCDAC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Just saying hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1969_CM2590D View Post
(oh yes and my Case 446 garden tractor as well).
I didn't want to change your subject but I dig old garden tractors too, I have '65 and '75 Massey Ferguson's that do my yardwork and snow removal.
Would love seeing pics in the "Other Projects" forum on this site!

Quote:
For those of you curious, here's a few shots of the projects.

You can see, especially with the Corvair, why I need a hauler. Once I get moved and get them inside it's time to take them apart and clean/refinish.

After that? Maybe a Brass car?

Dennis Nichols
How 'bout a brass era GMC! I would roll in that Corvair, great little car!

Quote:
Well, It looks like "GMC" is stamped in that rear hubcap, so I'll have to revive my model building/painting skills. The fact on the tailgate is quite interesting, but not surprising. I can remember as a kid the very first cars of a model year used up various pieces of run-out stock. The most obvious were... the hubcaps from the previous model year!
You shouldn't have any problem repainting your caps, especially if you were a die-hard model car builder at one time. My '72 C2500 didn't have hubcaps with it even though it was only 7 years old when I bought it. Could never find any for it locally and when the internet came around the price of GMC hubcaps were way out of my budget! About 10 years ago a guy gave me a set of Chevy caps off a '73 he was scrapping. I have an old vinyl cutter for sign making so I made my own GMC stickers to cover the bowtie, and no one ever knew the difference even though the shape was there. Need to make some new ones pretty soon though. Stickers only last so long out in the weather!

Thanks for your posts!---DAC

1970 GMC K5 Jimmy Mom drove 30 years
1972 GMC C2500 owned since 1979
1955 GMC 100 driver-project
2006 GMC Yukon Denali---wife's truck

Hope to have a '60 GMC Suburban again someday