View Single Post
Old May 6th, 2016, 04:31 AM

Truck: 1963 gmc c1500
Noahr63 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Kids and carbs. Education needed.

I was talking with someone a lot more knowledgeable than my self and this is what I have done. As simple as this was and a drive around the block I have a temporary fix. if I get stranded because im overly confident I will let you guys know hahaha! when looking at the carb I was told to play with the throttle to see if there was any play or slack before the accelerator pump engaged. there was some. I was able to bend the rod between the accelerator pump and the butterfly on the throttle to get rid of that slack. As it seems for now everything is a little more responsive and the hesitation upon acceleration is all but gone. It is worth noting that before I did this the truck was hard to shut down once warmed up. it wanted to keep running. now it seems to shut down just fine. I also let it sit for a day and I did not have to pump it to get it started. before I did this I would have to pump it at least 10 times to get her started.If anything changes I will let you guys know.thanks for all the helpful knowledge and imput