View Single Post
Old February 5th, 2018, 04:21 PM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 1968
Otto68 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Head gaskets 351

Massey,
Everything you said complies with all the research I did on copper gaskets when I was first told that was my only option unless I wanted to spend 1000+ on a head gasket. Well except the compression ring. Even the Gasket makers say to use one. Well, I Decided to google copper gaskets without o-rings and you are right I found a lot of posts about just using a spray sealant on both sides for street and some performance engines. The only thing that they don't agree on is how many coats and set time before installing. At the moment I'm waiting for my engine builder to get back to me on the thickness of gasket to get my compression between 8-9. I would prefer to take as little off the block and heads as possible to reach that goal. Good luck with your endeavors with a low-cost gasket. If you come up with one before I need it I'll get it from you if your willing to sell me one. My engine builder does a good part of the racing engines around here so he only gets to mine when he is in a lul. Needless to say, it been a year but a lot of that was hunting down parts when we found out what I needed and I'm in no rush since the engine in the truck runs just fine. Its easier to build one of these engines when you don't need one then when you do.