View Single Post
Old April 11th, 2020, 03:18 PM

Truck: 1960 Custom 4x4
fritz is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1960 3/4 ton 4X4

I see you have an awesome correct style hood on your truck too! Yours looks like it is original paint? Really nice!!.I wanted an original paint truck but they are really hard to find as well. You need no rust and original paint. In my case it truly was a rust free truck no rust at all .It was a Forrest service truck for over 30 years in Pocatello ID Sitting in the garage at the field office then taken out to 4 x 4 through the fire trails on patrol.

The truck is a Custom too and that is kinda strange that the US Forrest service would spring the extra for the custom model to be used at a remote outpost.

I have asked if any one on this forum has a Custom 4x4 and I have got no affirmative responses. I would like to know if there are more of them around. There has to be but you would thing if there were guys on this site would know of them.
Regardless, all of the numbers all of these fabulous trucks are rare in that the way they were built and that they survive nearly 60 years. They are work vehicles not high end fancy cars that got pampered all their lives.

I remember seeing a short bed big window that was claimed to be a custom but there was no trim

If you know if another 60/61 4 x4 custom let me know please I would love to see photos