Thread: New member
View Single Post
Old January 21st, 2021, 07:59 AM

Truck: 1965 GMC 1500, 478 V6, SM420
Prowbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: New member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordNatedawg View Post
If you're looking for added safety, you can also try a front disc brake conversion. I just completed one on my truck, and it's not too difficult to do. If you prefer to keep it mostly original with drums all around, then the dual master is definitely a "must have" safety upgrade. No matter what route you choose, just make sure the master cylinder you buy matches your GVWR. If you get a master that is too small, you won't have functioning brakes. Don't ask me how I know. Lol

Best of luck to you! Can't wait to see what you accomplish on your truck.
Thanks! I will stick with the drums first, disc brakes might be an option in the future. I am also looking to add seat belts for added safety (mine came without).

Edit: When I get some work done, I'll start a thread in the build section, so you guys can follow the build.

Its going to be a driver for dry weather and used for work when I can, so no show truck. As you can see it's been painted over in the A Team paint scheme and I'll probably keep it that way. I've been following TJ's Crustine build and I am looking to go a similar route on this truck.

Last edited by Prowbar; January 21st, 2021 at 10:33 AM.