View Single Post
Old April 26th, 2021, 05:25 PM

Truck: 1965 GMC 1500, 478 V6, SM420
Prowbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the roughProwbar is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: '65 GMC 1500 project. From the Netherlands

I've also ordered new repro bedsides and some other bed related parts. I'll try to rescue as much OEM parts as possible. Heard good things about fitment so I went for them. Bought them through a supplier here in the Netherlands. One gentlemen here offered a OEM bed for me but unfortunately can't cancel my repro order now.

Meanwhile, I'm working on the brakes. Cleaning them up and rebuilding the wheel cylinders and brake hoses. New brake lines are also on the list. And a conversion to the dual master cylinder.

All the drums look excellent, shoes are not worn much. I've boiled them to get the muck and leaky brake fluid out of 'em. Wheel bearings and seals are as new. All the brake line nuts broke loose without a problem. All bolts came loose without an issue too, makes working on these much more enjoyable. Thats great about a vehicle that has always been in a dry and hot environment.