View Single Post
Old April 26th, 2018, 04:54 PM

Truck: 1960 GMC Model BV6003
soszynski is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Need help identifying this transfer case. NAPCO

Fetchmeapepsi, Thanks for looking! Not sure what I will do with it. I was hesitant to take it when the neighbor offered in January. Today, i get more and more curious about the whole thing. It is incredibly complete and original and I believe was built locally when ordered. It has a stuck 401, Clark 5 speed. Just the fact the spring packs were modified to compensate for the wing plow and there are 5 extras on the passenger side amazes me. My plan now is to take my time. Cylinders are full of mystery oil, carb is clean as a whistle. I have been collecting parts, cleaning others. The T-case will have to come out as the rear output bearing is junk. I suspect is weighs about 400lbs, HA!

The NAPCO folks suggest these big trucks were sent to local outfitters. It has the same name plate on the dump body as the interior sticker I have attached a photo of. They also said every axle was stamped and I attached a photo of this too. The axle stamp is not showing the B in front of the 6003.

People stop at my house just to ask me about it. I am happy I said ok in January!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180101_135050.jpg (3.56 MB, Multiple views, 6 clicks)
File Type: jpg 20180424_165337.jpg (5.13 MB, Multiple views, 8 clicks)