View Single Post
Old November 2nd, 2018, 12:02 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 305 Starter Replacement, Shims; yes or no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Bongert View Post
I hate to disagree with you Fetch...

Don't worry about it! I'm still "the new kid" when it comes to working on trucks. And I like to put things back like they were. He did say it was wearing right (I mean correctly) before so I erred on the side of caution.

Jim, looks like all the old timers say ditch the shims. I'd like to change my vote to be that, things being what they are.

Also something else: I think I read somewhere that you could use a Chevy starter and just change the head on it or the case on it or something and it'll work instead of getting it rebuilt.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.