View Single Post
Old April 5th, 2015, 06:15 PM

Truck: 66
flyingA66 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Member from Portland

Thanks Foley, I will post the pictures. It is a 66 with a good running V6 305 in it, I had to laugh when my buddy came over and looked at the motor, he thought it was a 348 Chevy! The floor boards, rockers, cab corners and a bit of the firewall were rusted out so I welded new panels in. The original red and white paint is there with a definite character to it. I had to put a new windshield in, the seal was shot and the glass was cloudy. I replaced every bit of the brake system except the hard lines along with the idler arm and tie rod ends. I used jeep Dana 44 brake drums on the rear, had to machine out the hub hole a bit and enlarge the lugnut holes because I couldn't find the right drums for a decent price. The new shoes were Pontiac passenger car. The door mechanisms were shot so I rebuilt the doors with everything including regulators, window channels, wing window glass and hardware. The clutch linkage and brake mechanism was all loosy goosy so I welded the elongated holes up and made some bushings to take up the slack. Whats left is motor mounts, some rewiring, a complete fluid change, a super tune up, some valve seals,(it puffs smoke on starting) a wheel alignment and a bunch of stuff that will probably crop up as I sort it out further. It sure has been fun so far and I have't got to drive it more than a few miles.

Cheers, Steve