Thread: Grampa's 60
View Single Post
Old September 18th, 2017, 04:11 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1960 GMC 3/4 Ton
Walys60 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Grampa's 60

Well, no meniscus tear! It's just a 'deep bone bruise'. Hurts like the dickens, but no repair required!

Anyway, not sure how much that news will speed this project up, but I did get the motor on the stand and stripped it down close to as far as I am going to. Still will take off the oil pan, filter, coil and fuel pump...but we're just talking a matter of minutes for that. Then at some point, my brother will be picking it up and he'll take it from there. That's going to be his main contribution to the project.

I took the fenders and the one door with the rust holes to a local body shop. I've been having second thoughts about it though. My Dad was trying to talk me through his version of what should happen to repair them myself. That went in one ear and out the other, I have NO intention of doing them myself, just way too much time in that. BUT, I started thinking, maybe he would want to do them if I took them to HIS house. We'll see. He and I have a tradition of going to the "Run to the Pines" car show in Pinetop every year so I will be seeing him this weekend and we'll chat about it. It would be nice to keep all the work in the family.

In the meantime, I've pretty much moved back to stripping it down. Just have the steering column and gas tank to get out of the cab and it's done. Starting to size up how to use my engine hoist to pick the cab off the frame. Should be interesting

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170918_075058.jpg (3.39 MB, Multiple views, 15 clicks)