View Single Post
Old February 21st, 2022, 09:11 PM

Truck: 64 1/2 ton
tbucketnut is a jewel in the roughtbucketnut is a jewel in the roughtbucketnut is a jewel in the roughtbucketnut is a jewel in the roughtbucketnut is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: My 1960 GMC 1000 Build Journal - Feb 2022

Great read. I finished my 53 Chev 5 window back in 2018. Bought that truck in 2013, it ended up being a cab off, and I quickly got fed up with body shop antics. It was going to sit there for the next coming of Jesus, I saw the hand writing on the wall and as luck would have it my long time neighbor and good friend has been restoring chevrolets for 40 years, he convinced me to do it myself. He would come down and give me pointers on body work and then painting too. Long story short I ended up doing all the body work, priming sealing and painting. It came out stunning. Painted it with cheap Summit racing omaha orange single stage in pieces. A fender at a time then the cab. All I can say in hindsight just jump in and self educate and do it. It isnt that hard but you have to be patient. My 64 now is in the beginning stage of a cab off and needs rust repair in the rockers. Im going to buy me a nice hobart mig with gas and enjoy the process. When you are finished, it will be all you baby. Steve

1953 Chevrolet 3100
261 cu inch, SM420
Finished Cab off restoration

1964 GMC 1000
305 V6, SM 420
Restoration is now started, still looking for an oldsmobile style power steering pump