Thread: My 1963 GMC Bus
View Single Post
Old February 27th, 2022, 10:31 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: My 1963 GMC Bus

Definitely one of the neater projects I've seen. It looks like your dad parked it right after filling it up at the station and drove off with the gas handle in the first pic!

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Mouse pee ate right through those valve covers too. You can find replacements on Ebay from time to time, or you might be able to pick up an entire spare engine off Craigslist for a couple hundred bucks. It's always good to have a spare. Maybe you don't need it now but in 20 years when they've all been scrapped by kids trying to hot-rod them you'll be glad you had it for spare parts.

Like James said don't crank it even a little without draining the fuel. Who knows what's in the tank. Just stick the line from the fuel pump into a gas can and run it like that. I bet the fuel pump needs replaced too. They're not expensive, but the diaphragm goes out quicker on the new ones. Hard to find quality parts anymore (for any car, really). Also check the exhaust pipes for mouse nests. You can snake them like a plumbing drain.

I'll bet good money once you get the valve covers sealed and cover the crank it'll fire right up like the old days. Probably smell like murdered skunk for 10 minutes or so, but once she warms up you'll have a good reliable engine. These suckers do not quit.
Let us know how it goes

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.