View Single Post
Old November 17th, 2013, 02:32 PM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 60 1001 Wideside Custom BBW, 62 K1001 Wideside BBW and 1966 1001 Wideside BBW w/ Sport Trim option
GMCNUT will become famous soon enoughGMCNUT will become famous soon enough
Default Electrical gremlins have got me - help?

Hey guys - I am not very good working on electrical stuff so I know what is wrong with my truck will likely be something one of you has encountered, so here goes: my 64 2500 series truck operated flawlessly when I first got it a few months back, and all of a sudden for no apparent reason, my pass side stop light and pass side turn signal have ceased to work - no big deal right? So I change the bulbs in both figuring one of them is causing the other to not work, but same thing. I check to see if the lights work when the headlights are on, and the Right taillight comes on but that front rt park light does not still. Only the brake light does not work at the tailights; but nothing is wrong with the wiring that I can see going to the rt park light, and it worked when I got it, so what changed? Could it be the headlight switch or dimmer? Turn Signal switch? Not sure what to test or replace to fix this - I am thinking the turn signal switch is to blame, but cannot imagine what that has to do with the Right rear brake light not working unless that is affected by the outage up front....ideas?

1960 1001 Custom Cab short wideside BBW, 305A V6, factory PB, Hood Jet, Radio and Hydramatic.

1962 K1000 4x4 short wideside, BBW, 305D w/ SM420, PTO Winch

1966 1001 Custom Cab short wideside, w/ super rare Sport Trim option interior (bucket seats)