View Single Post
Old July 12th, 2013, 12:21 AM

Vernski is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Front PL/TS Lens Install Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmunn View Post
It seems that everything about fixing up my 64 GMC turns into twice as much work as I expected. Now, I want to replace my faded and cracked front parking light/turn signal lenses. Rivets come with the new lens, but seem to attach to a housing that is inside the hood structure, with no obvious way to remove the housing or otherwise get to the rivets. As with my other pickup "projects", I am sure that I am not the first one to be doing this. Any advice on how to use the rivets or otherwise replace the lens would be greatly appreciated.

JRMunn
JR the housings come out they have spring clips on the side of the housing you have to depress the clip there is 4 of them. Get someone to help you when you depress the clips have your buddy push out on the housing. They are hard to see the clips when they are installed use a bright light to see the clips from the back side. Be careful putting in the rivets you can crack the lens very easily. Good luck with the install..Vernski PS if you have use the old housing clean them up the best you can and spray with chrome like paint.

Last edited by Vernski; July 12th, 2013 at 12:28 AM.