View Single Post
Old August 1st, 2013, 10:17 PM

Vernski is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Front PL/TS Lens Install Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmunn View Post
Vernski - Thank you for telling me how to get to remove the PL/TS housing. I am now able to get back to working on the truck and have one more question before taking out the old lens. Can you tell me how to secure the new lens rivets, which would seem to require pounding from the inside while holding them in place on the outside. I am concerned that pounding on the rivets will, as you point out, crack the lens. Is there a special tool I need to do this?

JRMunn
JRM I will do my best to explain the process, I don't have any pic's It sure would make it easier. The rivets are hollow and you need a tool it looks like a punch the end is re-cessed with a ^ in the tip this spreads the rivet apart to hold the lens on the housing. The hard part is holding the parts while taping with a small hammer if you have someone to help hold the parts or the hammer. The rivet has a flat end hold it against an anvil and tap on the other end with the hammer real easy, it don't take much of a blow to spread the rivet. The rivet tool should come w/lens kit if not maybe you might have to google for it. Any more roadblocks let me know..Vernski