View Single Post
Old November 21st, 2013, 05:38 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: My woodsplitter project

Like I said, I got some more cutting done on Sunday. These are all pieces of those three bits of angle iron that I got from the scrap yard for $3.00. They're pitted pretty badly but they're thick and strong.

I took one piece that ran about 3 inches wide and marked a spot at about 10 inches. That gave me two pieces 10" x 3".

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Then I cut up the larger ones too. The pieces will get welded together to make larger plates. They will be 8" x 10" after welding. Notice the old rough cuts on the inside and the nicer smooth cuts on the bottoms. I R Improvin!

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

The Powder Puff had a welding helmet on to watch this. She wanted me to cut up a little 2 inch piece of 2x2 box pipe (see it on the pics above) so she could use it for playing in the dirt. I added it to my honey do list and finished up by cutting these small pieces up into 8" strips. All of the strips will be used to hold the pusher onto the beam to keep it from flying up and hitting me in the face when I'm splitting logs.

After all the cutting I had to run around raking up leaves again. TOO MANY LEAVES!!!!! I filled four more bags of the things so I didn't light the house on fire. Then I fired up the welder and welded my plates together.
After welding I got the grinder out and that's how the rest of my day went. I ground from around 1pm until 5pm just trying to get through the biggest part of those pits.

When all the grindin was done and I was about ready to sneeze a car out of my nose (from all the metal fragments) this is what it looked like. This one will be the motor mount plate.

After the grinding the Powder Puff wanted to use the Ospho so I let her spray them all down. I meant for them to sit overnight before getting to them but it's been 3 days now. Oops!

Earlier I turned the old motor Im going to use over and put a piece of paper over the mounting plate on the bottom of the motor. Really it's the side because it's a sideways motor. Then I poked some holes in the mount hole spots so I could figure out where to knock holes out of my homemade mounting plate.

By the end of the day the Powder Puff Mechanic had built a bunch of great looking dirt and acorn cookies with her piece of 2x2 pipe so we settled down for a crumble-in-your-lap feast.

Maybe the acorns did me in, but wow. Shortly after this I got hit with the green apple quickstep and got real dizzy. I spent the next three days groaning and starving because nothing would stay down. Tonight I shoved a piece of pizza in my gullet. So far it's queasy but it's staying down. Maybe tomorrow I'll be back in the saddle.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.