Thread: door art
View Single Post
Old January 1st, 2014, 06:36 PM

Truck: I have 4 GMCs, none with a V-6 - YET! Have had 2 in the family.
GMCDAC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: door art

Quote:
Originally Posted by pautsch_gmc View Post
Good day all,

This is my first post so i hope that this is not a repeat post. I'v got a 66 930 gmc and i was trying to come up with some ideas to paint on the door like an "pautsch and sons" idea. So i started looking around to get some ideas as to how to go about to design the style to keep a vintage look to it, and i'm not getting much luck. has anyone had this problem or does anyone have any ideas…right now anything would be great..

Thanks

Justin
Here's a link to Jalopy journal that has some vintage and faux vintage door art.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...ight=door+sign

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDShaffer View Post
"Classic Trucks" magazine (also available electronically) covers show and meets in almost every issue. There usually is a photo of someone's truck w/ signage you are looking for. Most theme themselves around towing, repair, service. But many good ideas if you browse.
The magazines are the best resource and Classic trucks is very cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryGMC View Post
Circa 1962
Is that a door you have Barry? I hope it never gets painted! Be a great piece of shop wall art! I was a sign painter for a couple of decades but it was 80's and 90's different styles by that time and the computer was taking over.

DAC

1970 GMC K5 Jimmy Mom drove 30 years
1972 GMC C2500 owned since 1979
1955 GMC 100 driver-project
2006 GMC Yukon Denali---wife's truck

Hope to have a '60 GMC Suburban again someday