View Single Post
Old August 22nd, 2018, 11:57 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

Quote:
I checked out their site. Interesting that less parts were listed for the GMC than for the Chevy even though most of the items they list can be used on the GMC as well.
I agree! I wrote to them about it but didn't hear back.

Quote:
The next time I work on my tank I going to install a HydraMat Fuel Pickup.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

I will have to adapt it from 3/8" NPT to a 5/16" line. It will get every drop of fuel out of the tank.

That looks cool! I wonder if it really works? I know some shirts are made like that for sweat, but I never noticed a difference in them. I think for $150 they better work though, right? Let me know how it turns out!

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Quote:
Fetch, I think we all really enjoy following your build adventures! Slow but steady. Reminds me of me and probably a few others on here!

Sure hope your new gas filler grommet from Steele holds up. They do have an excellent reputation. Like many others, I went to a lot of trouble to put on one of the foreign made grommets, only to see it crack and disintegrate in only a few months. The 58 year old grommet I replaced was still serviceable though showing it's age. Says a lot about genuine American made quality!

I recently ordered two grommets from

in Olympia Wash. (Click on 60-66 Truck Parts, then Rubber & Weatherstrip). They are made in the USA and were extensively tested before being put on the market. Come with a lifetime warranty and sell for $9.95 each. The pair I ordered cost $23.40 shipped. Just an option to consider. They look good and fit well. Time will tell how well they hold up.

Thanks Snazzypig! I would work on her a lot more but, to be honest, I had too many dang kids! Love them all, but man I don't remember what a hot meal tastes like at this point. Too much to do, skates and necklaces to fix, booboos to kiss, homework to help with, and so on and so on.

I rest easy in the fact that one day I'll need all the help in the world and they'll be there for me too. At least hopefully one or two will. I had enough that I'm going for the shotgun approach, haha!

Hey, let me know how those filler grommets work out. I know I got the expensive one, but everyone swore that Steele rubber was the only rubber they trusted for weather stripping and such so I wanted to be safe. I hated spending the money so if yours hold up I'll make a note of it when I buy weather stripping and get it there instead.

I got a little surprise in the mail today. I don't know why my camera has so much blur to it. Maybe the Powder Puff has been taking smoochie pics with it again and got the lens chap sticky. Girls can be weird.
Here's the lil' blonde instead. Powder Puff had homework.

Here it is next to the old rusty one. Note the new coating on the new one that makes it kinda gray looking instead of shiny stainless. I kinda prefer the shiny, but I get the reason for the paint.

To refresh my memory in the future, I wrote the place I ordered it from and the date on the tank. This way I'll know how long it lasted when it dies. I also went back and wrote "17 gallon" on it as an afterthought.

My sending unit will be here on Monday. Once it arrives I should be able to fire her up again! She's been sitting just about the entire summer! Watch out, world!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.