View Single Post
Old September 6th, 2018, 05:54 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

At this point I needed a helper and had none. So I made one. This is Board. He's my new best friend. I think next time the kids say "Daddy, I'm bored" I'm going to say, "That's great! I needed a board. Come hold this for me."

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Board held the end of the gas tank up so that I could walk around and maneuver the hose on the end of it. He's a good boy.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

This is where it left me on placement. Whoops!

So I slid the rubber hose connector up a bit to the end of where the tank neck changes from round to a flattened shape and tightened it down. This gave me very easy access to the...well it's not a worm clamp. I don't know what you'd call this thing, but it held nicely when I tightened it up.

Then I held the end of it while Board slowly lowered the other end. Ok, I stuck a hammer handle in this end and moved ol' Board. He was tired anyway.

And see how nicely it came through?

Stupidly, I went ahead and tightened the straps now. I should have put the grommet on the filler neck outside and got everything lined up. But I didn't.

I went ahead and put the sending unit in now too. I bent it about 1 1/4 inches down and put it in there. Of course it didn't fit, and I had to bend it back. I took it in and out about three times. Fun!

After getting all the wires and stuff connected I checked the gauge, and it still read just under 1/4 tank. I guess I'll need a resister in there somewhere. A project for another day.

So I put the grommet outside back on (after re-doing it a few times for uh...practice)...

And put a couple of gallons of gas in her. No pic of the fillup because I needed two hands and Board was resting after all his hard work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.