View Single Post
Old November 2nd, 2014, 03:08 AM

Truck: I have 4 GMCs, none with a V-6 - YET! Have had 2 in the family.
GMCDAC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Mini-Meets/Get-Togethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Snyder View Post
Those of you who attended the Wichita mini-meet in June probably remember my brother Pete. He's the one who reserved the park for us and provided the barbecue grille. He lives near the park which is just west of the Wichita Airport. Pete works as an electronics technician for Flight Safety in a building about a quarter mile north of the airport, about halfway between the terminal and US-54. His job is to help maintain the flight simulators.

Yesterday a plane taking off crashed into the roof of Pete's building, killing four people -- the pilot and three people inside the building. Thankfully, Pete was not injured. You can read about it here:

http://www.kansas.com/news/business/...le3483455.html
Hi Ed, although we have never met, when Foley and Clarke visited us last summer after your mini-meet, they spoke very highly of you and Pete and of course your Dad! I am thankful this tragedy didn't directly involve your family as far as fatalities but other families are suffering so it's still a sad accident. There was a few short news stories on the radio station I listen to, but it never had any meaning until I read this.

Will he be out of work for awhile due to the damage?

DAC

1970 GMC K5 Jimmy Mom drove 30 years
1972 GMC C2500 owned since 1979
1955 GMC 100 driver-project
2006 GMC Yukon Denali---wife's truck

Hope to have a '60 GMC Suburban again someday