View Single Post
Old September 17th, 2014, 10:22 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

Quote:
OK. Pep. Since you have the hard to find parts for power steering let's talk about the easy part. You really only need a few things. Most obvious is a Saginaw 4x4 steering box from a 68-91 4x4 straight axle truck . Second you need the arm. Most of the time its still on the box. Third you need the drag link. Fourth you need the section of steering shaft that goes from the column to the box. Next you need 4 spacers 3/4 inch thick. Or An adapter from captain Fab. Finally you need to make a pressure hose made up depending on what pump and year box you have. The hardest part is the axle arm mod. But a later model international arm only needs a bit of reamer work. Imo this is the best thing you can do to your rig. I will get some pics for you of the bits. Barry
Thanks GMC advisor Barry! I dunno if I'm ready for it yet. I still have the motor problem to fix, remember? I think I'm going to have to just suck it up and get some "get me by" tires because Cecilia's quarter sized hole gave up today and popped on me. She's a lame duck now and I can't stand it. I'll post pics in a few. Please do post those pics of the parts and we'll take a run at it after the motor problem is fixed.

Funny story, now when I talk about your advise to The Blonde I say, "My GMC advisor said..."

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.