Thread: Grampa's 60
View Single Post
Old March 6th, 2023, 08:08 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1960 GMC 3/4 Ton
Walys60 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Grampa's 60

Okay, to start with here is a current picture of the frame minus the rear-end and the rear end itself. I finished the front end and pulled it back into the shop about a month ago and have been working on the rear end since then.

I have my usual parts problems at this point. I think I will post about the engine mounts in the engine forum but I'll just ask if anyone else has run into the problem of locating a pinion seal here.

It is the Dana 60 with a 4.10 and I just kind of figured this was going to be common enough to be easy but it isn't. I got 2 different ones from Autozone, checked the one O'reilly's had and ordered one from 'the car and truck shop' online and all of them were wrong. I have also spent quite a bit of time scrolling through pictures on Google and I don't see anything that 'looks' right. I know the replacement likely doesn't 'look' exactly like the original but I have to assume the seal 'form' is pretty similar along with the inside/outside diameters.

Anyway, this is a big hold up as I have otherwise finished the backend and it's ready to go back together.

Once I have it done, it will just be a matter of wire brushing/painting the under side and figuring out the motor mount situation. In the meantime we'll be getting the engine to the machine shop and get it done and ready to go back on the frame. Then that will just leave the body for next year. Fingers crossed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PXL_20230306_193010314.MP.jpg (5.59 MB, Multiple views, 6 clicks)
File Type: jpg PXL_20230306_193022831.jpg (2.13 MB, Multiple views, 6 clicks)