View Single Post
Old September 25th, 2015, 11:15 PM

Truck: 1962 K2500
GMJakers13 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Diesel to gas reversion

hey thanks for the input! BobS, As far as dealer installed originality goes, I have my doubts but anything is possible. Everything looks well-done, but I have definately done both sides of work, rigged and proper, with a heavy lean to rigged, so maybe my eyes are off. If you want it done professionally, then think how they would have done it. cleanly and with new or nicely refurbished parts, and maybe an extra support or two properly bolted in the right places. Barring internal damage itwill be keeping the D351, and im already on the hunt for stainless steel tubing to make turbo manifolds. my next question is about the injector pump assemblies. how different was the timing on them from the D478 to the D351? Im new to the diesel ordeal but if its feasible and remotely close would it not add a touch more power putting the 478's pump on the 351? And thanks for the offer Jolly I will keep it in mind. I did actually mean about parts changing and making it a gasser but after looking through the factory service manual and listening...haha. And Alan, did that happen to be the DH478 in your boat? as far as fuel consumption goes, a winter truck is all she will be for a while, so guzzle away, so long as dependability is there. after a shutdown or two, a spicer with overdrive is on the list, if I can find one in decent order or worth going through.