View Single Post
Old October 5th, 2015, 07:06 PM

Truck: 1960 Model 1002 Custom Wideside
1960HDGMC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 6066 GMC Truck Bed Rails,steel,wood,homemade or factory direct

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmccollector View Post
I will have to look for my early GMC accessory books . As for the 1959 print date, it was common for Chevrolet accessories to be advertised or made in the beginning of each model year. Mid to late 1959 is when the new 1960 models were introduced. The 988257 accessory number is listed in the 1960 Chevy only parts book that book was also printed in 1959. I have an NOS set of these and a used set I pulled off a 1960 years ago. Very good question on whether they came on GMCs ??
Question, Do the stanchions you have, have three or four screw openings? If three, which direction is the side with one hole, toward front or rear of truck? Reason I ask is that the picture from the 1963 Chevy Accessories book looks like the single hole would be towards the back of the truck. I have only seen pictures with the single hole towards the front. For reference, the sweep of the stanchions is leaning towards the rear of the truck when mounted properly. Finally, have you any idea if Chevy ever offered stanchions with rectangular bases with four screw holes? I have seen them on old Ford trucks, but I wonder if they are Chevy parts. Thanks for any help, GM