View Single Post
Old March 14th, 2016, 03:16 AM

Truck: 1964 P1000
Atchison0341 is on a distinguished road
Default Dash Suggestions and Questions

Hi Gents,

So I will try and keep this short and sweet and to the point. I am working on a 1964 GMC short bed fleetside pick up. It has been in my family since it was new. My father passed the truck on to me after getting back from Iraq in 2007. It has been used as a DD since then. However shortly before that my uncle had it did a lot of rigging with it to get it working, he and my father no longer speak which makes it hard for me to figure a lot of things out. I know that I believe it has a 350 from a 1989 Chevy Suburban. Everything else to MY knowledge is original. I am only 28 and have done as much reading as I can.

Here is my current dilemma, the fuel gauge has never worked, always reads 1/4 full. So today I decided to try and fix it, I did my reading here following the steps as well as getting me a new OHM meter and checking my sending unit. The unit checked out fine. So I was curious about checking the gauge itself making sure its wires were connected correctly. ANd I came across what is pictured below.... I am no expert but to think that in 1964 they had all the wires together and run together at the back of the cluster seems off to me. So I'm here to ask, what year is this stuff from....and do you guys have any more advice on how I can fix my fuel gauge issue?

Thanks,

PS I did take out the leaking heater core today and ordered a new.